Saturday, October 13, 2007

opposites distract

this week i've had meetings with a ton of people. we looked at some of the stuff i've been doing including "mustard" (pictured below). it's funny how polarized the response was. one lady (and a few friends) suggested i enhance my practice by making my own paper and incorporating three dimensional paper forms to better develop my ideas. and then a few days later someone said that i don't need to change my process. i just need to make things flatter. instead of making my own paper, i should go more industrial than organic in order to make my watercolors more contemporary. so this week i was told to go more three-dimesional and i was told to go less dimensional. welcome to grad school?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ha ha. sounds exactly like grad school to me. anyway, love your piece. the show looks great. did you guys hang it and light it? - eva